Madeleine. That little delicate French butter tea cake known for it’s beautiful and distinct scalloped shell shape.
Flavours for Madeleines are endless from sweet to savoury, but we like ours with pistachio, a hint of cardamom and garnished with a delicate rose scented sugar.
It’s the prettiest tea time treat for Eid.
Enjoy Lots Of Love 💗
Pistachio & Rose Sugar Madeleine
2 Large eggs
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g melted butter
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 teaspoon pistachio powder
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon rose water
1 tablespoon rose petals
1. Preheat the oven to 180dc.
2. Greece proof Madeleine tray and dust with flour
3. Whisk together eggs and sugar until frothy.
4. Lightly whisk in the flour, cardamom, pistachio powder. Slowly add in butter and gently mix. Leave to rest for 10 minutes
5. Pour batter into the prepared madeleine tray and bake for up to 10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen and tooth pick comes out clean
6. Transfer the madeleines to a cooling rack and leave leave to rest for up to 30 mins
7. Mix icing sugar with little water and rose water
8. Blitz 1/2 tablespoon sugar and rose petals together
9. Brush little sugar glaze over the the cookie and add sugar rose to garnish with crushed pistachios
Only fill half way to avoid over rising
You can add any flavour to the recipe such as lemon, orange or even thyme
Sugar rose is optional but can be stored and used in juice, smoothies, cakes, tea and water