Shortbread cookies are a favourite in our home. These cookies have a delicate rose and pistachio flavour, garnished with rose petals and a drizzle of dark chocolate, perfectly simple for Eid or even gifting 🌸
Rose, Pistachio & Dark Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Picture Credit: behindkitchendoors
Recipe Credit: behindkitchendoors
250 grams butter (room temperature)
2 cups plain sifted flour
1/2 cup castor sugar
2 teaspoon rose water
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon edible dry rose petals
1/4 cup finely crushed pistachios
Sugar, rose petals, pistachios and dark chocolate for decorating
1. In a mixer beat butter until smooth, add sugar, rosewater, rose petals and salt.
2. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the sifted flour, pistachios and mix till all the ingredients combine together.
3. Remove the dough from the mixer and wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30-45mins
4. Roll the dough to about 1/2cm thickness and using a cookie cutter cut the dough and place onto a baking tray with wax paper
5. preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the cookies for 20-25 mins
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. To decorate drizzle with sugar, dark chocolate, pistachios and rose petals.